Since this whole lock-down / quarantine event happened, I’ve been putting more time towards things that I’ve been wanting to do for a while or revisiting things I used to do when I had more time.
Reading has been one of these things, I used to read, now when I say this I mean occasionally not every night, unless the book was GOOOOD. But I definitely read more when I was younger (as the majority of people do) so I said to myself I was going to take up reading more. I find setting myself goals in how many books I want to read in what time frame makes me more likely to read too, as well as making a To-Read List.
#AD – *Aff – This post contains affiliate links, click here for more info)
I read my first book back, in about a week, which to say I haven’t read a book in years I feel is pretty good (helps that I liked the book!) and then I found myself stuck hunting for ideas on what to read next. I went through numerous amounts of online bookshops (e.g. Amazon, Waterstones, WHSmiths etc) and found a few. Some on a random Amazon search and also used Zoe Sugg’s ‘Zoella Book Club’ to help me too – I have always found myself wanting to read the books she’s promoting here.
After I’d complied my list I thought I’d share it because when I was searching for books to read I found it difficult, however when people compile lists and you have read one of them on the list, chance is you might like some more on the list.
So here is my current ‘To-Read” List (click on the link to buy!):
- Happy – Fearne Cotton – https://amzn.to/2VXbkkS
- Becoming – Michelle Obama – https://amzn.to/2YBdSXF
- One of us is lying – Karen McManus – https://amzn.to/2KTBQFb
- One of us is next – Karen McManus – https://amzn.to/3d5TVvR
- Two can keep a secret – Karen McManus – https://amzn.to/35lZGD0
- It only happens in the movies – Holly Bourne – https://amzn.to/2xqCbMF
- Normal People – Sally Rooney – https://amzn.to/3bX4Yr8
- Feel Good 101 – Emma Blackery – https://amzn.to/3dap5m2
If you have any suggestions on what else to add, based on what is already on there, please don’t hesitate to recommend. Also anyone with any tips on how they find their next read please teach me your ways, I find this is often a reason I stop reading.
Hope you found some inspiration from this list and as always,
Thanks for reading 😉