Week Four: What do you want to achieve within yourself within the next 5 years?
This was a hard one because as much as I like planning and goal settings, 5 years is a long time; I wrote a post about my 5 year throwback and thinking back 5 years was scary enough never mind thinking about the future. I’ll be 26 in 5 years time, so “what do I want to have achieved come my 26th birthday?” is the way I thought about this and quite frankly there wasn’t a lot, but not because I didn’t care what I did/didn’t want to do a lot in the next 5 years but just because I don’t want to set too many goals that I may fall short at or feel like I’ve failed at because I didn’t achieve them. But, if there’s no aim/aspirations there’s no motivation to succeed, so here we go:
- I’d love to have moved out (potentially). I do love being at home but because I’ve already been living away from home now for nearly 3 years, I don’t really see myself living back at home after such a long time of having my own space. Now don’t get me wrong I’ll be visiting home a lot more often than I have over these 3 years (due to my degree and job taking up the entirety of my weeks) however having my own space will give me even more chance to grow as an adult.
- Want to have booked my first professional performing job; whether it’s big or small, just want to know I’m on my way to being successful in the one thing I have dreamt about doing since I was a youngster.
- I’d love to be financially stable, now this is a big one and I feel everyone has this on their wish list. I don’t know what exactly would ‘qualify’ me to be ‘financially stable’ however I just don’t want to have too much stress revolved around my income or outgoings. I want to be settled.
- I’d love to have seen more of the world; I’ve recently been thinking about working abroad or just travelling to different parts of the world to meet and engage in different ways of life and cultures. I’ll probably be following up with a blog post on my Travel Bucket List soon, which I can promise will be quite extensive in length, haha. This year was my first year flying on my own so hopefully sometime soon I’ll be able to travel solo too.
- Stole this one from a close friend of mine but; I want to inspire someone; in some way, whether that’s to do something, to change something, to take an opportunity etc. I just want to have impacted someone’s life in a positive way and have contributed towards their happiness. I do hope I’ve already done this at some point however I wish to continue doing it as much as I can.
- Be more accepting of myself; in terms of my mental health (which I do want to point out I’ve made huge changes and have come on leaps and bounds in the last 5 years so I cannot wait to see how I am with it in the next 5 years.) body confidence, self-esteem and self-confidence. I just want to fully fall in love with myself again.
What are your goals for the next 5 years? or just the next year? or how about where do you see yourself in the next few years? What doing? etc.
I’d love to hear about it!
Thanks for reading, as always.