Week Six: How would you like to be remembered?
Now yes, this is a deep one however it more got me thinking about the person I want to become and the way I treat others and treat myself etc. There are people that are no longer involved in my life anymore due to many reasons (past relationships, friendships, work colleagues etc) and this made me think how have they remembered me, if someone were to ask one of them how they’d describe me, what would they say?
A list of traits came to mind and I do hope these are those that people can describe me by…
- Passionate (About anything I do)
- Loyal (Stand by those who I care for)
- True Speaking (Will always tell people the truth, even if they might not want to hear it)
- Caring (Of those around me)
- Supportive (Of those around me)
- Loving (To all my friends,family etc)
- Bubbly (This is something many people have described my personality by)
- Keen to Learn (If I don’t understand something; educate me!)
- Inspiring (I really really hope I’ve inspired at least one person so far! And aim for many more)
This has given me a reason to use my self-reflection tools and picture an idea of myself I wish to be/grow to be. I know I will never be perfect as there is no such thing, but I just wish to have a positive impact on people’s lives. I know there’s always going to be someone in which you’re the villain in their story and you can never please everyone, but I do sure hope I get close.
I asked a few of my friends to give me some words in how they’d describe me now, so here goes….
Mature, Kind/Kind-Hearted/Big Heart, Modest, Strong/Strong- Minded (all three friends said this!), Opinionated but not forceful, Good Will-power, Talented, Determined (2/3 said this!), Motivated, Honest, Loving, Funny, Bubbly, Outgoing, Stubborn (haha!), Caring (2/3 said this!), Care-Free, Positive (2/3 again!).
I hope this blog post has made you reflect and think about the person you are, who you want to be and any self-improvement you feel you want to take up, I shall be really focusing on trying to become the best version of myself over the next few months and I hope I have inspired some of you to sit and have a think.
Here’s a link to the original post where I kicked off my 14 Week series ‘Loving You‘ – see what other week’s questions might make you think…
Thanks for reading,