This seems to be one of the most popular things to bake at the moment and my guess as to why is because it’s so easy! First people were panic-buying toilet roll now they’re after the flour and sugar! This is a very basic recipe but feel free to add in extras such as chocolate chips, protein powder, blueberries etc…
Here you go…
YOU WILL NEED:
- 140g Self-Raising Flour
- 140g Sugar
- 140g Butter
- 2 ripe bananas
- (optional chocolate chips/protein powder)
- Set your oven to 160°C , and line a loaf tin with a coating of either oil-based spray, butter or parchment paper.
- Mix the Sugar and Butter together so it makes a smooth (ish) batter.
- Sieve in the Flour and continue to mix.
- Slice the Bananas (easier to mash), then mash them up using either a fork or whisk then add to the batter.
- Here is where you would add in any extras.
- Then pour the batter into the loaf tin.
- Put in the oven for 25 minutes, checking every 10 mins. Bake until the top is browning and the middle is fully cooked through.
- Once done, take out of oven and place on cooling rack.
And there we go! A basic banana bread recipe to follow as you please!
If you make a loaf be sure to get some photos and send them over to me!
If you missed the previous recipe I made cookies so check that out here.
Thanks for reading,