Yes, I do apologise for the One Direction reference in the title, but I couldn’t not…
Recently I saw a friend’s blog post on the small things that make you happy and it got me thinking how grateful I am for those little things that miss out on the amount of appreciation they deserve daily. I’ve listed a few below but there are hundreds of little things that we should be more grateful for that go un-noticed.
Little things we take for granted that make me happy…
- Spending time with family and friends.
- Being outdoors in nature.
- Discovering new things; places, foods, activities etc.
- Watching Sunrises/Sunsets.
- Seeing my friends and family do well or be happy.
- The sound of the birds on an morning/evening.
- Walking in the crisp leaves in the autumn.
- When my room is tidy, or after having a sort-out.
- When I’ve done all my laundry.
- Ticking that last thing off my to-do list.
- Finishing a book. (link to blog post)
- Chocolate (a given?!)
- Listening to music, a banging playlist can change the mood so quickly.
- Payday. (another given?!)
- Having a little sing-song in my room, the car, the shower, anywhere really.
- Self-care day/evening. Painted nails, face mask, bath and an early night watching a girly chick flick.
What are some of the things that make you happy that you forget to be thankful for? Leave them in a comment below or just sit and give some thought to them, be grateful for all the little things because if it weren’t for those, there wouldn’t be the big things.
I hope this has got you thinking and potentially swayed you to think a little differently about things in your life. Everyone’s lives are so different and we would all love to be living our dream lives, but just think: what if you’re living someone’s dream life? Be grateful for it!
Thanks for reading,