IT’S MY BIRTHDAY! I’M 21 B*TCHES!
So yes, the day has come, my ‘childhood and teen years’ have fully come to an end. I am now a ‘fully responsible adult’ (HAHAHA). But the big thing that has hit me very hard over the last year and I’ve come to terms with is that how quickly life passes (and yes I am only 21, I know that’s still young, but that’s 2 decades plus a year!) and how quickly things can change.
I thought about doing a typical 21st birthday post or some kind of birthday related post but then I remembered why I love creating my blog posts (and especially my recent ones; monthly life updates) is because it’ll be so nice for me to read back on in 1,5,10+ years and to remember those certain times in my life that made me the woman I am today.
Without further ado, 21 things I’ve learnt in 21 years (well more like the past 5)…
- Learn to self love.
- Be selfish (just not all the time).
- Heartbreaks suck (but it’s not the end of the world).
- You’ll learn who your true friends are (quality > quantity).
- Family are EVERYTHING.
- Take risks and live with no regrets.
- Never let anyone dull your sparkle (they’re not worth it).
- Dedicate more time for yourself.
- Appreciate and value your time.
- Never settle for anything below your worth.
- Have fun with your life (don’t take it too seriously).
- Trust your gut/instinct.
- Dance is my life, regardless of what happens in my life, I always have dance.
- Your future, your decisions.
- Everything happens for a reason.
- Nothing worth having comes easy.
- Do the things you want to now, no time like the present.
- Take time to appreciate the good things in your life.
- Learn from your mistakes.
- Follow your dream, not someone else’s.
- LIVE LIFE TO THE FULLEST, AND DON’T GIVE A F*CK.
So this weekend I have celebrated my 21 years on this earth with my friends and family and could not thank them all enough for being so important to me. I have learnt a lot over the past few years but by far I have learnt to appreciate my friends and family as they are the people that make my life the best it could possibly be. I am so content with everything in my life and it’s mainly due to these special people. Feeling very loved.
Thank you for reading! I’d like you all reading to just think about the things you appreciate in life and be truly thankful for them.