Without a shadow of a doubt, this year has been the most unexpected, heart-breaking, toughest 12 months of many peoples lives. I’d be stupid to think it’s been plain sailing for anyone around the world, especially as so many lives have been lost and so many economies and industries have been shattered, not to mention people’s livelihoods. However, as I always do I am going to try shine a ray of positivity on this post with counting down some of the ‘Good’ things that have come out of this year.
I originally got this idea of a blog post from my flatmate Lauren who did a YouTube video on it (linked here) and I stole the idea but turned it into a blog post. I’d love it if you reading – yes, you! – would take a second, even just to think of 1 or 2 things that are good/positive to have come out of this year.
And without further ado, here are my 20:
- Surviving a car crash the day before my birthday!
- Booking my first professional Dance Job (despite it getting cancelled due to the obvious!)
- Celebrating my 22nd birthday back in January! My Best Friend’s 21st in London before lockdown and my Flatmate’s 22nd in our flat during lockdown!
- Performing 4 shows in my January Showcase at Dance School (the last time I was on a stage!)
- Spending more time with my family both in Summer/Lockdown and basically the whole of December.
- Reading! – This would not have happened without Lauren and I am so proud of myself for getting into it this year.
- Completing 2nd year and starting my 3rd and final year of my degree – in a year filled with uncertainty I am proud with how I have coped and dealt with my education.
- Self-Care has become more of a priority.
- Fitness and Workouts – I have discovered much more of a love for fitness and training hard this year.
- Training to become a Personal Trainer – Finally bit the bullet and enrolled on my courses to become a fully qualified personal trainer.
- My friendships, they have all become so much stronger with this year being so testing. Some have grown closer, whilst some have distanced however all are still so important to me.
- Walking. This is a very under-rated one – despite maybe not going on that many I found myself falling in love with the time and headspace you get into on a walk.
- Home Photoshoots – As you will have seen many, myself and Lauren had to get creative with our time indoors.
- Online Events – I took part in ones such as; Blogosphere, Rise Girl and Northern Blogs Co.
- Nature and it’s beauty – I’m very lucky in that at home I live near and am surrounded by some beautiful outdoor spaces and those of which I could spend all day in.
- Mental Health – Despite it being a long rocky road and this year being one of the most challenging, I’m so proud with how I have treated my mental health this year.
- Journaling/Meditation – I’ve gotten into these a lot more this year, not quite daily/weekly as of yet but that’s the goal.
- Ethical/Sustainable Fashion – I’ve learnt and educated myself a lot more on this and have changed my shopping habits a lot, including charity shops and vintage kilo sales.
- Food – of course this had to be on my list. This year I have been more experimental, to the point in which I have currently settled on a Vegetarian diet (attempting vegan, but chocolate!)
- Loving myself – This year I can successfully confirm has had a huge shift in me learning to love myself, the skin and body I’m in and me as an strong independent individual!
I would love to hear some of your ‘Good’ things to have come out of this year. Writing this has made me truly realise how incredibly strong we can be to push through a year like 2020 and still be able to reel off a handful or two of things that have been highlights/positive times.
I really am sending all the love and positivity to those that may struggle with this reflective time of year, I fully understand if you just have one thing that has made you smile, but promise me this. Hold on to it! That’s the one thing that made you get through this god-awful year!
I really hope everyone’s Christmas’ weren’t completed ruined and let me be the first one to wish you the happiest and healthiest new year we can possibly have and putting all the positive vibes into 2021.
Lots of Love,